Aydın Doğan International Cartoon Competition is organized every year in Turkey by
• Aydın Doğan Foundation.
• The competition is open to the professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world.
• The Jury is composed of the international members. The Jury will meet in June 2017.
• The award ceremony of 34th Aydın Doğan International Cartoon Competition will be organized in November 2017 in
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Participants can select any theme.
2. Participants will submit the original copies of their cartoons. Cartoons sent as printouts should bear original signatures of participants. Photographs, photocopies, etc. will not be accepted.
3. Size of cartoons should not exceed A3 paper size (29.7 x 42cm).
4. Completing the participation form attached or published on www.aydindoganvakfi.org.tr, participants will send their cartoons together with a short curriculum vitae and a photograph of them to the following address:
Aydın Doğan Vakfı,
Burhaniye Mahallesi Kısıklı Cad.
No: 65 34676
Istanbul / Turkey.
5. The Foundation will not be responsible for any damage that may occur during postage or for any late delivery of cartoons.
6. Award-winning cartoons will not be returned to participants.
7. By completing the participation form, the participant beforehand declares and accepts that he/she is the author of his/her cartoon(s) to be submitted to the competition; that he/she grants license in form of non-exclusive simple license to Aydın Doğan Foundation without any limitations on location, time period and number including assignment to third parties in relation to the usage rights of financial rights such as processing, duplication, distribution, representation, indication and transmission to the public via audio and/or visual means as defined under the provisions of the Articles 21-25 of the Law No. 5846 on Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Works; and that he/she gives consent to Aydın Doğan Foundation to exhibit such cartoon(s), to keep them in its archives, to duplicate and publish them on the Internet or through other media and to use them in any other way without any limitations.
8. Where the cartoon(s) to be submitted to the competition wins a rank and/or a prize; the participant beforehand declares and accepts that he/she is the author of his/her rank and/or prize-winning cartoon(s) and that he/she transfers ownership of the original or the copy of cartoon, submitted to the competition, to Aydın Doğan Foundation; that he/she transfers the financial rights such as processing, duplication, distribution, representation, indication and transmission to the public via audio and/or visual means he/she holds over the cartoon(s) to Aydın Doğan Foundation without any limitations on location, time period and number including assignment to third parties under the provisions of the Articles 21-25 of the Law No. 5846 on Turkish Intellectual and Artistic Work; that he/she gives consent to Aydın Doğan Foundation to exhibit such cartoon(s), to keep them in its archives, to publish them on the Internet or through other media and to use them in any other way without any limitations; that he/she does not have any right of disposition over the financial rights subject to transfer and thus will not enter into any transactions with third parties in relation to transferred financial rights.
9. The participant accepts and declares that the information included on the participation form completed for the competition participation will be processed and transferred with communication and competition participation purposes within the framework of the International Cartoon Competition of Aydın Doğan Foundation in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Law number 6698; that even if the application fails, the personal data will be kept by Aydın Doğan Foundation for the period of time set forth by the legislation; that the information related to competition participation will be shared with the jury, press and media organs and other relevant parties; that where a prize is won or where cartoon is published, his/her information as being author of such cartoon will be shared with the public; and that he/she is provided with required information in this regard.
• The participant accepts and declares that he/she has been informed before participating in the competition that he/ she can learn his/her rights about his/her personal data and possible modifications on processing of this data from
• That where he/she has any request on processing of his/her personal data by Aydın Doğan Foundation, he/she can send such request in written with original signature to the address of
Aydın Doğan Vakfı,
Burhaniye Mahallesi Kısıklı
Cad. No: 65 34676
Istanbul / Turkey;
• That he/she will provide clear and comprehensible information related to the right he/she requests to use during the application to be made; that he/she will certify his/her identity during the application to prove that the applicant is the relevant person and will send his/her identification information together with the application; and that it will be required to share also his/her contact information to receive the result of the application; and that he/she has been informed about all of these issues before participating in the competition.
10. The Foundation will cover travel and accommodation expenses of the first three award-winning competitors for the award ceremony.
11. Cartoons that have not received any awards will be returned to their owners upon written application to the Foundation within 1 year. The responsibility of the Foundation ends after this period.
12. The deadline to participate in the competition is Friday, 5th May 2017.
13. Jury members cannot participate in the competition in the year they act as a jury member.
14. The decision to upload the cartoons, submitted to the competition, on the Virtual Museum belongs to Aydın Doğan Foundation.