2017 Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China Int. Competition & Exhibition, Beijing, China
2017 Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition is an open competition. The objects of the competition are Cartoon, drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts created by artists.
1. Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature
2. Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists
Both themes are required to submit without limitation of quantities.
WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS Can be included in the competition.
1. Maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm). Works should be sent or delivered(original scripts are preferred)by February 25, 2017 (date of the postmark), packed in a protective cover to: Organizing Committee of “Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists” 2017 International Exhibition.
2. Participants can also send electronic edition( JEPG, 300dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards and Prizes
Grand Prix (1) 1500 USD
Gold Medal (2)1000 USD
Silver Medal (4) 800 USD
Bronze Medal (6)600 USD
Special Prize (30) 300 USD
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. The Jury will award the following prizes + Diplomas for each winner.
3. Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, change of their amount, or non-awarding them. Jury's decisions are final.
4. The competition results will be announced after the final selection in March, 2017 at web site: www.cmiassn.org .
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO CHINESE TAX REGULATIONS.
1. Participation in the competition is free of charge.
2. Organizers reserve the right to include the submitted works in the Gallery and publishing.
3. The submitted art works would be promoted on the internet and media.
4. Works should be accompanied by their author's photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application form linked on the website & below also (PLEASE USE CAPITALS).Participants' Privileges
1. Authors of work qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the catalogue.
2. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition.
3. Organizers plan to award the author of the best Debut and will organize her/his individual author’s exhibition at Gallery included in 2017 program as well.
4. Participants wish to participate in the exhibition and in the catalog only, they may send a print copy, or by e-mail (JEPG, 300dpi)
1. Organizers reserve the right to use the sent works for advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organizers and will be included in the collection of the gallery.
3. The exhibition organizers are the finial judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to the publishing of the author's profile in the post-exhibition album.
E-mail address: email@example.com
2801 Suite, No.7 Building,
Tianchang Yuan Media
Village, Beiyuan Road,
Beijing 100107 CHINA
Tel: 0086-10- 84827182
Fax: 0086-10- 84827182
(Organizers are not responsible for transport damages.)
1. Deadline for works reception February 25, 2017 (date of the postmark)
2. Final Jury Meeting in April , 2017
3. Exhibition in April,2017
Philosopher Wang Yangming Profile
Wang Yangming is one of the most influential philosophers in the Confucian tradition. He is best known for his theory of the unity of knowledge and action. A capable and principled administrator and military official, he was exiled from 1507 to 1510 in Guizhou, Southwest part of China for his protest against political corruption. It was during this period of exile that he developed his contribution to what has become known as Neo-Confucianism (“Learning of the Way”).
With Neo-Confucianism in general, Wang Yangming’s thought can be best understood as an attempt to propose personal morality as the main way to social well-being. Wang’s legacy in Neo-Confucian tradition and Confucian philosophy as a whole is his claim that the fundamental root of social problems lies in the fact that one fails to gain a genuine understanding of one’s self and its relation to the world, and thus fails to live up to what one could be.
In order to memorialize this great Neo-Confucian philosopher and inherit his idea at home and abroad, it is our honor to coordinate the Confucian Academy to hold 2017 Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition after successfully launching 2015 Confucius Caricature & China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition. Most welcome you to submit your caricatures of Philosopher Wang Yangming & Ancient China with thanks.